Privacy and Legal
For Collection, Use, and Discloser of Personal Information
Privacy of your personal information is an essential part of our office providing you with quality care. We understand the importance of protecting your personal information. We are committed to collecting, using, and disclosing your information responsibly. We also try to be as open and transparent as possible about the way we handle your personal information. It is important to us to provide this service to our patients.
All staff members who come in contact with your personal information are aware of the sensitive nature of the information that you have disclosed to us. They are all trained in the appropriate uses and protection of your information.
How Our Office Collects, Uses, and Discloses Patient Personal Information
- To deliver safe and efficient patient care
- We may disclose your health care information to other healthcare professionals within our practice for the purpose of treatment, payment, or healthcare operations
- To identify and ensure continuous high quality service
- To enable us to contact you
- To offer and provide treatment, care, and services
- To communicate with other outside treating healthcare providers, including specialists and referring doctors
- To complete and submit claims for third party adjudication and payment
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements, including the delivery of patient charts and records to governing bodies in a timely fashion, when required, according to the provisions of the Regulated Health Professions Act
- To invoice for goods and services, collect accounts, and process payments
If a new purpose arises for the use and/or disclosure of our personal information, we will seek your approval in advance.
Our office will not under any conditions supply your insurer with your confidential medical history. In the event this kind of request is made, we will forward the information directly to you to review, and for your specific consent. When unusual requests are received, we will contact you for permission to release such information.
You have the right to access your personal information in your health records. We will assist you in any way to understand this information if you request us to do so.